Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Die for a Sketch Challenge #13

Hello! Well, this is my first challenge that I am doing for A Die for a Sketch! My dear friend, Nancy, told me about this blog a while back. I just now am joining one of their challenges.  I am excited to try-out! I hope you all like the card that I made.  I hope I followed all the rules and if not, I still had tons of fun making the card.  If you would like to do this challenge for A Die for a Sketch, go ahead and click on the link! And now for the pictures!


I used one of my Sushi Dolls and altered her to make her look like a sweet girl.  I used  some 'Smash' polka dot washi tape and made  2 banners to try to match the sketch.  I hand cut the clouds with 'Recollection's' white card-stock.  The miniature pink flowers were bought a long time ago and they were perfect for the doll and sentiments.  
I paper pieced her hair and just used my colored pencils; unlike the skin which I used my Gamsol.  Her dress is also  paper pieced and I used my white 'Gelly Roll' pen to add highlights to her hair, eyes and dress. 

I didn't notice the words in her hair, until after I finished her; the words were Jesus and bible.  So I thought it was appropriate to add the words faith, love and hope.   

This is the Sushi Doll that I used; her name is Gothic Girl. As you can tell she looks completely different. I wanted to show that you can change her up to fit your needs.

This is the Sizzix die that I used for the background behind the baby blue patterned paper. On the card I placed a cloud to cover the hole and tried to place them towards the right hand side of the card to try and  mimic the sketch.

This is sketch 13 that we were to follow to enter in the challenge.  

 So there it is! I hope you all like the card.  This was a fun challenge and I hope to participate in more.  Thanks for visiting my page and if you have any questions please ask away!

Muchos hugs,

Susi



11 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! So excited to see you link up at A Die for a Sketch, my friend! Your card is fabulous and you know how much I love your Sushi Dolls! Gothic Girl is so sweet! I really like the paper piecing and the addition of the flower! Beautiful job!...Nancy :o) Oh...and I love the music too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was nervous! LOL! Scurry! But I absolutely love how she came out! And thank you so much! I love all kinds of music. =)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous image that you made! I love how she is paper pieced together. Lovely papers and your card is fun and exciting to enjoy. Thank you for sharing at A Die For A Sketch.
    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! I have been paper piecing a lot recently. Thank you again! It was fun.

      Delete
  3. Great card love the image so much. Thank you for joining us at a Die for a Sketch.
    Hugs, Ilonka DT:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilonka! It was a blast and I hope I can do more in the future!

      Delete
  4. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing at A Die for a Sketch and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun to do!

      Delete
  5. Hi Susi! Beautiful card!The colours and the way you used the sketch I love it! Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch! Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have always wanted to join something like this and ADFAS was a perfect opportunity.

      Delete
  6. Hiya Susi,
    your card is simply stunning. I love that sushi doll girl. You did a great job with styling her. And your take on the sketch is just great.
    Thank you so much for joining us at the A DIE FOR A SKETCH CHALLENGE, this time. Have fun and enjoy our challenge. We love to see you again ;)

    Hugs
    Dunja xo

    Do you love to join my GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete