Monday, August 20, 2012

August Mixed Media Contest


 Hola mis peeps! So after much tribulation, I decided to make another project but this time really follow the rules! =D I had painted 3 8x10 CANVAS that had a sunset with Dia de los Muertos pumpkins thinking I would be able to enter them but as it turns out I couldn't.  *the violin playing in the background* So I just thought to myself that I would make a page.  But then Bona announced a mixed media tag swap and I already had ideas running through my head! So why not? I'm hitting 2 birds with one stone!  The sponsor for this month's contest is Faber Castell Design Memory Craft!  I also followed ALL the contest rules. ALL 1-9! Woot woot!!!! O.K enough babbling. Off to my tag!

The inspiration came from one of my besties pins on Pinterest.  From there I drew myself an image and then paper pieced her (Yes, I hand drew her myself.) For the background I used acrylic paints, stamps with archival ink, hand-made glimmer mist, made the clouds with my hand-made stencil and finally a FABER-CASTELL PITT ARTIST PEN (f.y.i I ADORE these pens! I have been using them on my paintings and my mixed media projects. They don't smear or smudge!!!!!)







 Here is what Limor posted.  Go check it out!


CONTEST RULES:

    1. Create a Journal Page or a Tag
    2. THEME " SUNSETS/SKYES - Anything to do with a sunset or a sky
    3. MUST USE AT LEAST 1 FABER CASTELL - DESIGN MEMORY CRAFT PRODUCT IN YOUR PROJECT - HERE IS THE LINK TO THEIR SITE IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT PRODUCTS YOU CAN USE.  http://www.fabercastell.com/design-memory-craft/products
    4. Please head over to the Faber Castell - Design Memory Craft Facebook page and like their page... and tell them Limor sent you!
    5. Create either a Video response to contest video or a Blog post and post your blog link on my blog - I will create a link for you to be able to upload it.  Photos can still be uploaded but only blog posts and video responses will be entered into the draw.  CONTEST VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWVtI37s0w&feature=youtu.be 
    6. NOTE: PLEASE REFER TO FABER CASTELL AS "FABER CASTELL MIX & MACH OR FABER CASTEL DESIGN MEMORY CRAFT" AS THEIR OFFICIAL NAME ( DO NOT ABBREVIATE PLEASE)
    7. You must me a member of the Limor1278 Mixed Media group to participate https://www.facebook.com/groups/405073446194833/
    8. CONTEST WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY AUGUST 31ST AT MIDNIGHT.
    9. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
    Here is a list of retailers that sell Faber Castell - Design Memory Craft products:
    Joanns.com,
    Archiver Annex,
    Two Peas in a Bucket
    Simon Says Stamp
    Oh My Crafts
    Marco’s Paper
    Donna Downey Studios
    Michael's

4 comments:

  1. So fabulous! I am in love with that tag! you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Limor! I had fun making them!

      Delete
  2. Your tag came out perfect Ami! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias mi amiga! I wubb how they came out!

      Delete