Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Girl Diaper Cake and Owl Mini Album


So here is what I did during the this past week! It was a work of love and I really wanted to keep it but alas I had to let it go. =`( My cousin's baby shower was yesterday and I couldn't stay long but it was so much fun while I was there! Any who, getting back to what I made for my cousin.  I made her a diaper cake and this is 'TECHNICALLY' my third one.  I shouldn't count the first one because that one sucked! My second diaper cake I have posted on my blog before (it's a cute giraffe one and it's 2 tier.) And this is my third and can I say my favorite?! Why? Because it involved owls! So her theme was pink, white and a touch of black...oh and owls! I sewed my cousin a sabana with black lace trim for the bottom tier, the second tier is a receiving blanket and the top tier is a burping cloth that I also sewed. And the top tier is a handmade owl that I made. OMgumballs! I adore it! I'm just glad that I made a pattern! I usually just wing it but this pattern is perfect! I used leftover fabric from the sabana and burping cloth to make the little owl. It was so much fun making this diaper cake and I hope that my cousin enjoyed it.









 And now for the mini album that I made her.  When I asked my cousin for details she told me that she was using some wall decals that were owls and she also told me that it was called, 'Happi Tree.' So I researched it on the compoopers and saw the cute bedding.  Once my cousin told me that was the right one I tried to duplicate that owl one some chipboard and voila! My little owl mini was born! I adore how this owl is going to match the baby's nursery. I did get to see some of her expression when she skimmed through the album and all I could hear her say is ooooh, ahhhhh, how cute, look! It made me feel good that I put so much heart into the gift I made her and she loved it.  Now to see if she will open up that diaper cake! LOL!








No comments:

Post a Comment